According to InternetSafety.com, a company focused on safety products, there are 10 kind of websites that currently diminish employee productivity at the workplace. The listing demonstrates the diverse range of online distractions at workplace that tempt workers from 9 to 5:
• Social wetworking sites, as MySpace.com or Facebook, amomg others (over 170 million people are active users).
• Online videos sites, as YouTube or Google Videos (over 100 million YouTube videos are watched each day).
• Adult sites with sexually-explicit content.
• Shopping sites (70% of all online purchases occur between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm).
• Vacation planning sites, as a stress reliever or because of job dissatisfaction, they remains a top pastime at work.
• Job searches, as Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com and Jobster.com.
• News and blogs, as Gizmodo.com, Perezhilton.com, Engadget.com and Blogger.com.
• Online auctions in sites such as eBay, uBid, and auctions.yahoo.com.
• Online games, as games.yahoo.com, congregate.com, popcap.com, and forumwarz.com.
• Gambling sites (60% of all U.S. adults have gambled in the past year).
What time waster website do you prefer?