Generation students and employees aged 14 to 27 expect to use their own technology and mobile devices for work, according to a survey released today by Accenture.
60 percent of them are either unaware of their companies’ information technology policies, or are not inclined to follow them.
Perhaps it is about a generation of disrespect and anarchy?... What are companies doing to promote their IT policies among employees?
Some survey’s findings are very shocking because its implications: Lack of workplace education on corporate policy:
• Only 40 percent of all respondents said that their employers have published detailed policies related to posting work or client information on public websites.
• One-third of respondents said they don’t know if their company has such a policy.
• 17 percent said their employer hasn’t published such a policy.
• 6 percent said that whatever policy their company has published is too complex to understand.
• 6 percent said they will post work or client information on public sites regardless of any policy, at least when communicating with colleagues.
What do you think this situation impact the e-mail productivity ate the workplace?